My crafty friend Jen owns an Etsy shop making custom stone and wrapped jewelry – check it out here. She made me a custom (and affordable!) bracelet that I have been wearing non-stop. It features some great silver filigree beads and three types of stones – first one is labradorite – the larger grayish/blue ones.
The skinny on this stone:
Healing/Magickal properties: Transformation, psychic ability, strengthens will, stimulates imagination, and is calming. A stone of serendipity and synchronicity.
“A stone of transformation, Labradorite is a useful companion through change, imparting strength and perseverance. It balances and protects the aura, raises consciousness and grounds spiritual energies. Excellent for strengthening intuition – promoting psychic abilities. Powerful in revealing the truth behind illusions, Labradorite banishes fears and insecurities, and strengthens faith in the self and trust in the universe. It stimulates the imagination and calms an overactive mind, developing enthusiasm and new ideas.”
“Wearing Labradorite helps you to understand your destiny, that path that you chose before you came here to the earth plane.
This crystal aids serendipity, coincidence and synchronicity to flow in your life, and aids you to let go of thoughts that may impede you from taking action on those things that you are inspired to do.
Yet by its strength of fostering a more patient attitude, it allows you to recognize within intuitive thought, the correct timing for taking action.”
Meditating with Labradorite allows one to recognize humanity as “being of light,” transcending limitations of the past and thoughts of the future, and embracing the infinite possibilities of the moment. It allows one to “be” and rest assured the light is always there, surrounding and pure.
Labradorite honors Arianrhod, the Welsh Goddess of the Moon and Stars. Her home is the Aurora Borealis, the place where it is said souls go when their body dies and waits to be born once again. She is also a goddess of prophecy and dream.
Labradorite may also be used to honor Cerridwen, the Welsh Goddess of Inspiration and Knowledge. She rules the gifts of prophecy and magic, and powers death and rebirth. She is the guardian of spiritual transformation.
Reasons this is a great stone for me right now/most of the time:
1. I can use help strengthening intuition, as I live in my head so much
2. I have significant amounts of Leo and Sagittarius in my chart, so those energies resonate with me
3. My Gemini/Leo self doesn’t always recognize fears or insecurities until they play out (and usually not in a pretty way), so assistance with banishing and balancing those is great
4. Gemini = me = overactive brain = YES
5. I have a lot of Celtic/Welsh ancestry, so I like the connection to both of those goddesses.
6. I generally feel like I could use some calm strength lately.
7. I have a huge lack of water energy in my life, so this being a water-associated stone is good for some balance.
So, THANKS, Jen – great choice for my bracelet! I will post about the other two stones separately, so I can ruminate on this for now, and sit with the labradorite energies.